Tuesday 29 October 2013

Brownies!

Not the best photo I know
Sorry about the photo, I meant to take some photos of them cut up but totally forgot, and then they got eaten!

Anyway, something else I made on Sunday were some brownies for the boys, and for my workmates. I don't have any of my recipe books over here so I couldn't make the ones I usually would, but this recipe I found worked out pretty well I would say.

I made a double batch so Quentin, Seamus and my flatmates could have some, and my work mates as well. First I drained two cans of mixed summer berries from Waitrose. I wanted just raspberries but they didn't have that option so I got mixed instead. Then I melted 300g butter with 1 1/2 cup of cocoa on the stove. You need to make sure it goes slowly so it doesn't burn or anything.

I mixed 6 eggs with 2 1/2 cups of white sugar and a couple of teaspoons of vanilla essence until it seemed mixed and was sort of creamy and thick. Then I added 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 cup of flour and mixed them in so it was smooth. I didn't want to mix too much because I know that can ruin things sometimes.

By that point the butter/cocoa was cooler, it wasn't cold but it was just sort of warmish which I thought would be ok so I mixed that into the other mix. I poured it into two baking trays which I greased while waiting for the butter/cocoa to cool. Then I sprinkled the berries over the mix and put the two trays into the oven.

The oven was preheated to gas mark 4 which I am pretty sure is around 180 degrees Celsius. Then I cooked them until they looked cooked and sprang back when I touched the top. I think it was around 40 minutes.

They were pretty good, even I ate some and I don't even like that stuff really. It is a pretty easy recipe to make, and uses things you probably already have at home so its good if you feel like doing some random baking or feel like something sweet and don't want to go to the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment