Monday 21 October 2013

Dinner and cocktails at our local!

Mojito!

Sea bass with potatoes, nom

Dough balls, OMG!

Pizza of deliciousness!

Margarita, oh yeah!
On Friday I got paid for the first time in six months which was super exciting! We decided to go for dinner at our local pub which is about 30 seconds from our house which is awesome. They have a reasonably sized menu but there was only one thing that was vegetarian (other than pizza) which was a pasta dish in tomato sauce, not super exciting. Because of that I decided to try the fish which was a sea bass with fried potatoes and pesto.

There was quite a lot of choice when it came to pizzas, and you could make any pizza a calzone as well which is cool. They have a proper wood fired pizza oven as well which means good pizza! Quentin decided to get one which I thought sounded the best as well, it had something like mozzarella, brie, tomato and olive but I cant remember exactly!

The fish looked and tasted delicious. I have never tried fish with crispy skin before but it was really good. The fish itself possibly didn't have that much flavour, but because it there was pesto and lemon it was still tasty. The potatoes were really delicious although I couldn't eat them all and had to give some to Quentin. The dish also came with some fried courgette and fennel. I had never tried fennel before and was worried that I wouldn't like it because I don't tend to like anything like aniseed. It was really good though and the dish as a whole was great.

Quentin had his pizza and also ordered some dough balls which came stuffed with cheese and covered in garlic butter, with a bed of rocket. I tried one and I don't think I quite managed the whole thing. It was delicious but very dense and oily. When I had it with some fish and lots of rocket it was good though. Quentin loved his pizza as well, although he didn't quite manage the whole thing. Maybe if we hadn't had the dough balls!

We had some cocktails as well, he had mojitos and I had margaritas. They were delicious and we ended up having quite a few! Overall it was a very good meal and I think we will go back, although probably just for the pizza and maybe some fries. And the cocktails of course. I will give them a 4 because although the food was very good there isn't much choice for a vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment