Tuesday 29 October 2013

Brunch in Fulham

Vege breakfasts!

Iced coffee
Quentin's brother Seamus came to stay with us for a few days, arriving on Saturday night so on Sunday we went out for brunch in Fulham. We hadn't been out to eat around where we live for ages, maybe since we went down to the markets! I did a little bit of internet research and found a place that sounded good which was only about 10 minutes away so we headed down there.

They have a small café but also a lot of tables outside which would be lovely in Summer but not so great in winter since it is cold and windy at the moment! We got a table inside anyway which was good.

They had a breakfast and a lunch menu but it seemed like you could just order off either one which was good and bad, good because we had more options, and bad because we had more options... I am terrible at making decisions! In the end I went with what Quentin was getting (vege breakfast) because I thought I might get jealous otherwise!

They also had a bunch of other vege stuff, all kinds of eggs, omelette's, wraps, a burger, sandwiches and so on. I think we will go back to try some of the other stuff because it all sounded really good.

We ordered some milkshakes and iced coffee as well and everything came out super fast! The iced coffee was good because it was blended with ice rather than milk/cream which meant it was more refreshing but it was definitely lacking in coffee flavour, I think Krys would hate it!

The breakfast was good, not great. You got lots of halloumi which was awesome but only one hash brown which is less awesome. The egg was cooked well but the bread was weird and made me cough. The baked tomato was delicious but the mushroom and spinach was not delicious. In saying that I don't actually like mushroom or spinach so it is not their fault. People should just not put them on every vege breakfast! The beans were beans, I can't really say any more about them.

I also forgot to take a photo before I started eating so sorry about that! Overall I would go back to try some of the other things because what I saw coming out of the kitchen all looked yummy. I think it was a good breakfast and reasonable value for money (about £10 each including drinks) but it could have been better. I will give them a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment