Saturday 26 October 2013

'Bacon' and egg salad

So delicious!

I love the pretend bacon!
When we went to the food show we got some packets of "bacon" and had some bacon sandwiches with just white bread and butter which was amazing. We had some left over after our sandwiches so I decided to use it in a salad for dinner, with some eggs as well. Kind of like breakfast for dinner which is awesome since I love breakfast/brunch foods!

This salad was super quick and easy to make, I just fried the bacon and boiled two eggs and while that was cooking I put some salad leaves, a grated carrot, some chopped cherry tomatoes, grated cheese and pumpkin seeds into a bowl.

Then when the bacon was done I chopped that up, and chopped up the boiled eggs and put them in, with some vinegar as dressing, and just mixed it all up. It was so tasty I made it again for lunch the next day.

The "bacon" isn't as good as real bacon (from what I remember) but it is still totally tasty and probably a bit healthier than the real thing. It doesn't really crisp up as well as real bacon either, although maybe it would if I cooked it in oil rather than just a dry pan.

Anyway this salad is super quick and easy to make for dinner, and was still good for lunch the next day as well so you can take it to work. It probably has some good "health points" as Quentin would say which is always good. Just writing about it makes me want to have it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment