Thursday 3 October 2013

Some super yum food!

Fajitas - Amaze

Mac'n'Cheese
We went out to dinner at another place in Nottingham on Sunday night where my Nana likes to go. I expected it to be a pub sort of place and it kind of looks like one and also has a bar but the food was so good! They have a really big menu which I sometimes have trouble with since I can never make decisions but this one was relatively easy since they had fajitas and I had been craving Mexican food (like I basically always do). They did also have a vegetarian roast which was pretty tempting but I think I made the right choice.

When our food came out I couldn't believe the size of my meal. The red container had four tortillas inside and had been heated in the oven so it (and the tortillas) were nice and warm, then I had that whole platter of chili beans and vegetables, plus the cheese and other condiments! It was about the amount I would make for both Quentin and I for dinner!

It was sooooo good though. The guacamole was clearly homemade and really tasty. I definitely judge places on their guacamole and am always disappointed if it doesn't seem homemade or is bland or too smooth but this was just right. The vegetables were well cooked and had just enough spice in the beans. The salsa was also really good so together it was like a party in my mouth. I managed to eat two tortillas and get Quentin to eat one so we got through most of it but there was no way of finishing it!

Quentin got the mac and cheese which is kind of the obvious choice for him, especially when it comes with garlic bread! He said that the garlic bread was really good and I tried some of the mac and cheese and that was pretty good as well, if a little blander than I would make it. I usually put in quite a lot of garlic and some mustard though so it is a bit different.

Overall I would give them a 4 out of 5. My meal was excellent, I don't think I would have changed anything about it except maybe having more guacamole but that is just me being greedy. Quentin's meal was good but nothing special, if it had have been better they may have got a 4.5 but the actual venue isn't like fancy or particularly special or anything. I would totally go back though and probably just get fajitas again although maybe make Quentin share and then get a starter. Of guacamole. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment