Saturday 26 October 2013

Super easy weekday dinner

"Beef" and Broccoli

So tasty
I work slightly different hours in England than I was used to in Wellington, 9 til 5.30, and it takes around 20 minutes to get home so by the time I am back after work I don't feel like making an intricate dinner, at least not everyday!

This is another meal made with stuff from the vegetarian festival, the "meat" is one called chunky style strips which I think is meant to be similar to steak. With that I just chopped up a whole broccoli and a bunch of spring onions and stir fried it all up until the "meat" was well cooked and the broccoli was tender.

I added a packet of sauce from the supermarket, teriyaki and ginger, and stir fried it for a bit longer until everything was hot and mixed well. Before I served it up I added some black sesame seeds. It was so delicious! The packet of "meat" made enough for both of us for dinner and then I had it for lunch the next two days as well which was good.

It probably only took about 20 minutes to make this, maybe less, I didn't actually time it. And it was so easy, you just had to wait for things to cook really so you could tidy up the kitchen or something while you are doing it which is cool.

I still like to cook all the time even if I am getting home late because I find it much more satisfying than buying ready meals, and it is probably better for us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment