Thursday 3 October 2013

More pub grub - Nottingham

Fish, chips, mushy peas

Vege Lasagne, with chips of course
We went up to Nottingham for the weekend just been and went out to a few places to eat up there. This was the pub we went to on the first night we were there (Friday) which was one of those cute old ones which has heaps of random rooms stuck together with all different floor and ceiling heights. I never expect too much from these places but the food has actually been pretty good. Not amazing but better than Four Kings in Wellington that's for sure!

I got the vege lasagne again since it was a cold grey day and Quentin got fish and chips because apparently he has been craving them. I love how everything seems to come with chips here, or at least some kind of potato product! The homemade chips are the best, they remind me of the ones Dad would make, although not quite as good!

Anyway this lasagne was pretty good, I think better than the last one. I don't like the way they do side salads here though, you have to cut it all up yourself. Although I do like the fact they don't put any dressing on since there is always vinegar on the table which I like better than salad dressing anyway. Also I like that there are always many condiments at these places.

So, the lasagne, it had quite a few good veges in there and the sauce was good, although I wish people didn't put aubergine in every lasagne because I think it is my least favourite vegetable, it always seems to be hard and gross. The chips were awesome though and the garlic bread was good (Quentin ate it). The portion was massive though, I couldn't even finish my chips, which is not usual!

I tried some of Quentins as well. The fish was tasty and well cooked, not underdone or overdone as it sometimes can be but the mushy peas were not great. I don't know if that is what they are always like but I found them bland and grainy.

Overall it was a good meal but nothing really stood out or was amazing so I will give it a three. There wasn't anything wrong with it, or the service, or the place but it wasn't exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment