Friday 4 October 2013

Lunch date with my new work people

Delicious pizza!
I started my new London job as a Financial Accountant on Tuesday after not working for 5 months!! It is tough getting back into the swing of things but it is really good to be around other people during the day again and be able to get back into a bit of a routine! The majority of the finance team (I think there were about 14 out of maybe 20) went out to lunch down the road from work on Thursday, to an Italian restaurant down the road.

There weren't many other people in the restaurant but I don't know why because the food was great! I had a bit of a hard time deciding because there were quite a few choices. There is also a weekday lunch menu which is cheaper, around 6 pounds, but doesn't have as much choice. I narrowed it down to either gnocchi with broccoli, courgette and cheese or the pizza which I ended up choosing since most people were getting pizza or calzone.

I actually ordered one of the pizzas which usually comes with meat but just asked them not to put it on. It had tomato sauce, capers, onions, green peppers, olives, spinach and mozzarella. I thought it had artichokes as well but maybe not. Anyway it was super delicious. It had tonnes of cheese as well which was a bit overwhelming.

I got half way and should have stopped because I was stuffed but I managed one more piece and had three to take home to Quentin. I was impressed with the eating skills of my new colleagues though because I consider myself a pretty good eater and they almost all beat me!

The base of the pizza was one of the best things about it. It was crispy but not hard, totally soft but at the same time chewy. Kind of hard to explain but reminiscent of the pizza in Italy which I loved. I would definitely (and most likely will) go back to this place, if only to try the gnocchi. Actually I want to try more of the pizzas as well, and the calzone!

It was reasonably simple food but done really well. The service was really good as well, pretty quick and we all got our food within a reasonable time of each other which is difficult with a big group. I would give them a 4 out of 5 and the only reason I don't give them more is because the food wasn't too exciting and I am holding out the highest ratings for the super fancy places, if I ever go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment