Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thai food in Putney

Sweet and Sour!
Last week I went out to lunch with some people from work and we went to a Thai restaurant down the road. There are so many places to eat in Putney, it's pretty awesome. This one was really tiny, there were 8 of us (I think) and another table of 8 and a table of 2 and that was all that could fit in the whole place.

They had a special 6 pound lunch which seemed to be their only lunch menu but I think there were still about 8 choices. I took forever to choose between sweet and sour and green curry but I went with the sweet and sour and it was really good.

It came with all the veges I like, they weren't overcooked and it had tofu as well. I think it had onion, broccoli, cauliflower, pineapple, tomato, capsicum, courgette, green beans, mushroom, and maybe some other things that I cant remember. It was cooked really nicely, all the veges were still crunchy, and the sauce wasn't too sweet which is always good.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that the pineapple had a weird taste so I didn't eat all of it. It might have been a bit old or something. Also I don't like rice but I never like rice unless it is in sushi anyway.

I think it was a good meal, good value and super tasty. They could have had more tofu in there though and the pineapple was no good. Also the service wasn't great but I think it would be better if there hadn't been so many of us. My meal didn't come until most people had eaten about half of theirs. Overall I will give them a 3.5 and I will go back and try the green curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment