Monday 21 October 2013

Japanese in Putney

Delicious curry!
Last week I had a craving for sushi so I went to a sushi place some people at work had told me about which is down the road from my work. It was freezing and raining on my way there though so by the time I got there I wasn't too sure about sushi anymore! Luckily they had some other stuff there as well like udon soup, Japanese curry and so on.

I decided to get a vegetarian Japanese curry because it is delicious. They were super fast which was good and I went back to the office to eat, although there were a few seats at the counter there so I could have eaten in if I wanted to.

The bowl had lots of rice covered with vegetables and Japanese curry sauce. If you like rice (which I don't) this would have been great, however I would have preferred a bit more vegetables and less rice. The vegetables were really good though, cooked just enough and not all soggy, and there was a good variety including carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette and so on. The curry sauce was so good it even made me eat about half the rice which basically never happens. It was quite spicy but in a good way, especially since the day was cold.

I was pretty full after that so I think it would be pretty tough to eat the whole thing! Overall I think it was good although could have had more vegetables. It was quite good value for money as well, I think it was around 4 pounds. I will give them a 3, better than average but could have had more vegetables. I would get it again but I think I have better options for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment