Monday 21 October 2013

Saturday dinner - Takeaways

Tagine and mashed potato

Amazing chips

Falafel burger
On Saturday night I couldn't decide what to make for dinner so we decided to get takeaways. I was a bit wary after our last takeaway experience which was not the best but I found a place that sounded good on the hungry house app on my phone. It was different to most of the takeaway places that I saw on there because it didn't sell only burgers/pizzas/kebabs but food that actually sounded good and semi healthy!

I decided to get the Moroccan Vegetable Tagine and mashed potato and Quentin chose the Falafel Burger and chips. I think it came to about 20 pounds all up which seemed pretty fair. They didn't charge any extra for delivery and I could pay online with my card which was good since I didn't have any cash!

The vegetable tagine was so good. It came with some delicious yoghurt sauce. Also it had all the vegetables that I like, onion, capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, courgette, maybe more. It also had some aubergine which I usually don't like but it was actually good in this. Oh and it had really large pieces of garlic which was awesome. I put the yoghurt sauce on the tagine and the tagine on the mashed potato. I only managed to eat about half of it though, there was so much! I actually ended up having it for dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday as well, good value!

The falafel burger was delicious as well and had some large falafels as well as other yummy stuff like sundried tomatoes, rocket, mushrooms and other tasty things. Apparently it was very filling. The chips we got were huge, although there weren't that many of them. They may have been cooked twice because they were super crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Even though there weren't that many of them we couldn't even eat them all which is basically unheard of for me, leaving chips!

It was a really yummy meal and totally worth it. I think we will definitely order from there again another time when I am too lazy to cook. I will give them a 4 because the food was really good and I wouldn't change anything, but at the same time I could make the same food myself (except the chips) at home if I hadn't been being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment