Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sausage Rolls!

So delicious!

Mmmm close up
On Sunday after brunch we had a bit of a look around Fulham and went to the supermarket and then walked home (getting a bit lost, thanks Quentin). We were lucky because when we got home the weather turned mega crap and windy! It was a good day for movies (well afternoon by that point) so we hung out in the lounge watching movies and I made us some snacks.

One thing I made were these sausage rolls. Quentin LOVES sausage rolls and has been known to eat the meat ones at parties sometimes, shocking! Anyway I thought I would make some easy vege ones since I could.

I just got some pre-rolled puff pastry from the supermarket (jus roll brand, which is vegan) and some Linda McCartney sausages (red onion and rosemary) since we hadn't tried that brand before. So far our favourite sausages are the Asda brand ones.

Once the pastry and sausages were defrosted I spread the pastry with some sundried tomato pesto that I had in the fridge, lined up the sausages and rolled them up. There was enough pastry to roll 4 sausages up inside, giving me two rolls. Then I brushed the rolls with a little bit of milk and sprinkled some black sesame seeds over.

I cut them into sausage roll sizes and put them in the greased baking try and then grated some mature cheddar over them all. I cooked them for some amount of time, I really don't know how long, until the looked cooked. Since we have a gas oven with the flame at the back I have to turn everything around every now and then so they don't cook unevenly.

These sausage rolls were delicious and enough for a few people, we couldn't finish them between 3 of us, although we were eating other snacks as well. They would be good food for a party because they are cheap, easy and fast to make. I will make them again for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment