Tuesday 15 October 2013

Brunch in Shepherds Bush, nom

Actual good coffee!

Brunch food rulz!

Delicious vege burger

So much Halloumi!
This weekend we wanted to go to the Westfield in Shepherds Bush to get Quentin some new clothes and we also wanted to get brunch. Luckily they have tonnes of restaurants and stuff there, even a Jamie Oliver one. When we got there we had a look at the restaurants because they were all around the area where we were going in (although there are lots more inside as well). We found one which looked good and had some brunch foods there so went in.

It was super cute inside, with all sorts of things hanging up and on the tables. You could buy things there too, like speciality groceries. It was almost time for the breakfast to finish when we arrived but the waiter still let me order the vege breakfast which was awesome, although there were some other pretty tempting things on the menu like mac and cheese and a fancy sounding fish finger sandwich. Quentin ordered the vege burger since he is such a sucker for a good burger.

We got some flat whites as well which were surprisingly good, definitely the best I have had since leaving Wellington. We didn't even have to ask for extra shots and it actually had flavour which was awesome. I have been getting pretty sick of the bland, milky coffee I have been having over here.

The food came really quickly considering how busy the place was, and it looked good! I had to steal a few of Quentin's chips which were delicious, and Ganny would like how they bring you mayo with your chips, as well as ketchup and HP sauce. Winning. I got to try the vege burger as well which was probably the best one I have tried for ages. It had tonnes of Halloumi as well as roasted red peppers and really good hummus as well as some salad.

My vege breakfast came with two massive pieces of what looked like homemade bread, one with red pepper hummus and one with guacamole. Both the dips were homemade and chunky, with some delicious flavours. I also got two poached eggs (poached properly with runny yolks), two grilled tomato halves (properly mushy) a bunch of fried mushrooms (which I gave to Quentin, not a big fan), and I ordered an additional side of bubble and squeak because I have been wanting to try it. It was delicious, if slightly over salted.

Everything was super delicious, I did have to give some to Quentin though, one of the pieces of bread and all the mushrooms, plus some bubble and squeak and tomato. I would rather have too much than not enough though! The only thing that could have made the meal better was if I had hash browns instead of mushrooms but sadly there were no hash browns here.

The service was good and the food was excellent, I already want to go back there. I am giving them a 4 out of 5 because there were a couple of things (missing hash browns, not enough fries) that let them down but I would recommend them to anyone and will totally go back there, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment