Friday 4 October 2013

My nicoise salad

So tasty!
One of the things I have found out recently is that Quentin will agree to eat just salad for dinner if it has potato in it. So I have made my own kind of version of a nicoise salad. It still has most of the classic ingredients but is adjusted for Quentin.

I chopped and boiled some new potatoes and when those were done I quickly boiled off some chopped fresh green beans. While those two ingredients were cooling I organised the rest.

Firstly I put rocket and some mixed peppery leaves into a salad bowl. Then I added finely sliced red onion, sliced red pepper (different to capsicum but similar), a can of tuna, about 10 quartered cherry tomatoes, and since we had some feta which needed using up I popped that in as well.

I added the potato and green beans and some balsamic vinegar and oil from the tuna and mixed it all up nicely. Then I put some out for Quentin and mixed some olives in with the rest for me. That is mine that you can see in the picture.

I didn't add the eggs because Quentin doesn't like them and I didn't feel we needed them when we had the feta, and I will never add anchovies because they are super gross!

This salad is totally filling and yum but is still healthy which is awesome for trying to get rid of spare tyres! Try is sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment