Thursday 5 September 2013

Pub Breakfast

English Latte

Eggs!
This morning I had to go and meet with a recruiter quite early so didn't have time for breakfast which meant I had to go out for breakfast after, oh dear!

I went to a place called All Bar One which I think is a chain of pubs because I'm pretty sure I have seen a few around, unless I keep seeing the same one and not knowing it which is possible!

I wanted some poached eggs so I got eggs Florentine but with tomato instead of spinach since spinach is not my favourite. The English muffins were not really toasted which was not the greatest but the eggs were cooked pretty well, if a little bit over. I got the hollandaise on the side since I don't like it very much but I tried a bit and it was ok. If the muffins had been toasted better it would have been a much more enjoyable breakfast.

The coffee was weak but that's what I expect from England, I need to remember to ask for extra shots! Also they didn't have flat white which was disappointing. But they did give me some sort of pebbles in a shot glass which is kind of weird at breakfast time but cute anyway.

I would go back to the chain but probably wouldn't get this breakfast again because of the muffins. They have a vege breakfast which I could try. And I would have to remember to order extra shots in the coffee.

Overall I think I will give them 2.5 stars out of 5. They had some good aspects and some not so good which made them average overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment