Monday 9 September 2013

Chinese takeaway

Chinese Foods
After a big day/night on Saturday I didn't feel like cooking on Sunday so for dinner we ordered some Chinese. There are like a million places to order food from here and they all deliver for free which is awesome. It is hard to tell which ones will be good and which won't though! Anyway I had felt like some Chinese food for ages, I don't think we had had any since NZ so I thought I would give it a go.

We ordered from one of the million places and got some vege spring rolls, vege chow mein, sweet and sour fish, and vege massaman curry which I hadn't tried before. The delivery took like more than an hour but it was Sunday evening so they were probably busy.

The chow mein was nice but a bit bland, it could have done with some more soy sauce and some chili or something. It was no baby lady chow mein that's for sure. But average I suppose. The sweet and sour fish had a weird taste to it, Quentin said it tasted like vinegar, I didn't notice so much but I did notice it didn't taste like what we would get at home, and it wasn't that great.

The curry was like ridiculously hot, we each had a bite and started coughing! So I can't really say much more about it since we couldn't eat it. I am going to try adding something to it so we can eat it but who knows what will happen!

The spring rolls were those mini ones you get in a big pack from Moore Wilsons and they were pretty soggy by the time we got them, I would rather have a big spring roll!

Anyway overall it was not the best experience and I wouldn't order from them again. I will give them 2 stars out of 5 since we couldn't eat one of the dishes and the others were average at best. I have to go on a hunt to find some good Chinese food now!

No comments:

Post a Comment