Wednesday 4 September 2013

Lebanese for Lunch

Delicious Potato!
I had a job interview in the west of London the other day, about an hour away from where we live and it was at lunchtime so after the interview I went and got some lunch at a Lebanese place down the road from where I was. It was at a place called Karaam and it looked cute from the outside so I figured I would give it a try. By myself haha.

The had a shorter menu for lunch but it still had three vegetarian options which is cool. Two were things which I knew what they were (falafel etc) but one was something I hadn't heard of before, called Batata Harra which was some sort of potato dish so I ordered that one since potato is never bad!

The plate came with falafel, a cheese roll, the batata harra, hummus, salad and tabouleh. The falafel was not great, it was a weird texture, kind of like cake and also was really bland but slightly sweet, not what I expect from a falafel! The cheese roll was good and the other stuff was really really yum.

The tabouleh was way more parsley than I am used to but had a really yum sauce. The potato was a bit spicy and had been cooked with some capsicums, chili and onion. I think it would be too spicy for Quentin but for me it was awesome. The hummus was really good too.

The people working there were really friendly and the service was good so I think overall I will give this place 4 out of 5 stars. It was only let down by the falafel really, and the water they gave me wasn't chilled. Other than that it was great, I would totally go back there for the potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment