Thursday 29 August 2013

Vietnamese in Soho

Bun Sa
On Wednesday night I went out for dinner with Amanda and Vitoria and a few of their friends from London. We went to a Vietnamese place in Soho which is a super interesting place full of eating places, pubs and bars. I am definitely going back there soon to try some more places!

We went to a restaurant called Cay Tre which was really busy at 7.30 on a Wednesday but then again, a lot of places around were really busy. It was quite loud inside but luckily we were sitting close together so we could still hear each other.

We were all having trouble making up our minds what we wanted but the waiter helped us out by telling us what his favourites were. I got some tofu summer rolls to start with which came with a hoisin and chili sauce and also a chili vinaigrette. I forgot to take a photo of them but they were really tasty, they were filled with noodles, cucumber, thai basil and tofu.

For my main I got a dish called Bun Sa which the waiter recommended. I thought it was a soup but it wasn't, it was a (large!) bowl full of vermicelli, lettuce, mung beans, onions, cucumber, fried shallots, fried tofu, chili, peanuts and some sort of sauce at the bottom. When I mixed it all up it was a sort of warm Vietnamese salad.

It was so good, basically exactly the thing I want to eat, although it did have a bit too much noodle for me. I didn't want to fill up on noodles and not have room for the rest so I left some of them to the side, also the large chunks of cucumber. I would definitely get this again though, it is delicious and healthy as well.

There were lots of other things that sounded good as well and they serve pho which I would like to try since it's one of those things people are always raving about. Maybe next time I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment