Thursday 29 August 2013

Italy

Pizza!
This is the first pizza that we got when we arrived in Italy. We had just come from the South of France and on our first day in Italy we needed to go shopping so we headed to a supermarket. We noticed that they had a sort of foodcourt and thought we may as well get lunch before we got the groceries but because of NZ foodcourt bias I didn't expect much.

The pizzas we got were margarita and the other one has two types of cheese, tomato and rocket (it was one of their specials). In the picture I am trying to cut the pizza but the fork broke immediately so we just ate with our hands.

That is not to say that there was anything wrong with the pizza, which was amazing. As I said, I hadn't expected much from a foodcourt but the sauce on the Margarita was so delicious it was my favourite straight away.

The other pizza didn't have the tomato sauce and had a bit much cheese (am I really saying that?!) but was also really good, just not as good as the Margarita. The base is thinner than we have in NZ (but thicker than the thin and crispy from pizza hut!) but is sort of soft and chewy, it is so good!

I think we ate pizza almost every day that we were in Italy (over two weeks) but I still remember this one because it was the first and I was just amazed by the flavours. We didn't get down to Naples on this trip but we want to go back there for the pizza and to visit Pompeii!

No comments:

Post a Comment