Thursday 29 August 2013

The Netherlands

Croquettes and Chips, so good!
I loved Amsterdam. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did but it was awesome. The food was really good as well. I was reading up in the lonely planet on the way there and I found out that their sort of famous foods of the country were basically all deep fried, and that they are huge on chips so I was basically sold before we got there!

One of the first things I did was go to one of the many fry stations and get some famous fries. I thought that NZ could do better but then we went to this place for lunch and I got the croquettes which came with fries and salad. Quentin got a Panini which was nothing to write home about.

The croquettes were delicious! Super soft on the inside with potato and all sorts of delicious bits (some may have been meat though so be careful if you are a vege on holiday!) and the outside was perfectly crispy. I could eat them all day! The chips were good too, better than the ones we got from the famous chip place!

I had never been a big fan of croquettes before but these were amazing. When I go back there I will try many more croquettes and also this other thing which looks like a shop from far away but then it's actually just heaps of vending machines in a sort of shop area where you can get all kinds of fried foods! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment