Sunday 15 December 2013

Homemade Pizza



"Chicken", cranberry and cream cheese



All of the vegetables



Mexican style
So I have a lot of catching up to do with this blog since I have been super busy the past couple of weeks at work and planning our trip to Switzerland/Netherlands... Fondue, rosti and croquettes, here we come! These pizzas are from when our friend Lindsay came over a couple of weeks ago so we could decide where to stay in the Netherlands.

We had made pizza for our flatmates a few days earlier but I forgot to take any photos of those. These ones turned out better looking anyway. I bought a couple of pizza trays with holes in the bottom from Pound Land so our pizzas could get a crispy base and they worked pretty well although I think we are now planning to get a pizza stone. Quentin always makes the bread and pizza dough and is really awesome at it now, I just put on the toppings and make up ideas of pizzas to have.

We made three pizzas, the first one with "chicken" was because we had the quorn chicken left from the vege fest and I remembered how jealous I used to be of people who could get chicken, apricot and cream cheese pizzas. Unfortunately it seems that apricot sauce does not exist in London, at least in the three supermarkets I went to so we used cranberry instead. It may have actually turned out better!

We used cranberry sauce for the base, then put on the quorn "chicken", pinenuts, cream cheese and mozzarella, it was super simple. I just popped some rocket on top once it was done and that was it. This pizza actually turned out to be everyone's favourite, although I am not the hugest fan of quorn. I may be able to find something better to use.

The second pizza was basically all of the things that were in the fridge. We used barbeque sauce for the base because I love barbeque sauce on pizza, then we added onions, three colours of peppers, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, mozzarella, and possibly some other things which I can't remember. This one was good but not as exciting as the other two so was probably the least favourite.

The third one was inspired by our visit to the Robin Hood restaurant and had a mix of Mexican vegetables on the base (I know we used sauce, maybe just tomato??), then some fresh tomato, peppers and onions, then corn chips and mozzarella. Once it was cooked I added the salsa and rocket. This pizza was a bit different to usual and a bit weird but actually really good. I think  I would definitely make it again if I had leftovers from Mexican. I probably wouldn't bother if I didn't have all the ingredients around already though because it would be a bit like making dinner twice.

We managed to eat all three pizzas between the three of us, although we almost didn't make it. I thought that was pretty impressive though! All the pizza was popular, with out flatmates as well, which is encouraging. Quentin and I think that when we are old we will open a pub which sells awesome food and pizza will be on the menu so we need to spend a long time practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment