Sunday 1 December 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

So tasty

Delicious Cookies
I have been doing a bit of baking recently since my flatmates and workmates seem to appreciate it! I wanted to make some chocolate chip cookies since I used to make them quite often and they were always pretty tasty. Unfortunately all my recipe books are still in NZ and I used to use the recipe for chocolate chip biscuits from the Edmonds Junior Cookbook with a couple of adjustments.

I did a google search and couldn't find the Edmonds Junior Cookbook one but I did find the Edmonds Cookbook one so I thought I would try them. I don't think they came out as well as usual because they were much crunchier and I prefer them a bit more soft and chewy. They still got eaten pretty quickly though so they cant have been too bad!

They are totally easy to make as well which is a bonus, here is the recipe;
125g butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
A few drops of vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Then you just need to cream the butter and sugar, add the vanilla and condensed milk and mix it well, then add the flour and baking powder and mix again, and finally mix in the chocolate chips.

You can add extra things if you want, for example I added extra condensed milk because I thought it seemed a little dry, and also added dark and white chocolate chips so there were about 1.5x the amount in the recipe. I also doubled the recipe.

I am still getting used to our oven which is a gas one and cooks much faster on the top shelf than the bottom, as well as being hotter in the back than the front! I have to make sure I move things around while they are cooking so they cook evenly.

It is supposed to take about 20 minutes at 170 degrees but I think mine cook more quickly than that so you will want to keep an eye on them every 5 minutes or so. I find if I wait until I can smell them they are likely to be overcooked.

I will keep looking for a recipe which makes chewy cookies though since I think they are better so that might be coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment