Sunday 15 December 2013

Brunch at 'Jacks at the Junction' - Clapham Junction

So. Much. Food.
A couple of weekends ago we went to Battersea on Sunday morning to drop off some baking for a charity bake sale (berry brownies) and also to have brunch. It turns out that Battersea is basically just Clapham, I mean they seem to be the actual same place.. weird. Anyway I looked up a place to go online and there was one which had really high tripadviser reviews so we thought we should go check it out (I think they were 70 something out of thousands of places in London.

It was super easy to find because we walked past on the way to drop off the baking. When we got back it looked pretty busy and had a line of people to be seated, usually that would totally put us off but we were starved by then so went in. We didn't have to wait long for a table, but did have to share a table with another couple which was a little weird but we just ignored each other! I think they were on a blind date or something.. but also tried not to listen to their conversation too much.

Quentin and I both chose the vegetarian big breakfast, Quentin got his without eggs of course. We also both got milkshakes which may not have been the best decision since I was so full after the milkshake there was no way I could eat all my breakfast. Also it was massive. I mean look at it! We should have got one breakfast to share really, if we go back that is what we will do.

So, what came with the breakfast was two slices of toast, a whole grilled tomato, two eggs (I got mine poached, Quentin swapped his for more hash browns), two hash browns (four for Quentin), baked beans, chips, and two sausage shaped items which may have been Glamorgan sausages although I can't say for sure.

The sausages were delicious although not at all like meat, they seemed to have a bunch of veges grated up inside. I hadn't tried them before but would definitely eat them again. They were packed full of flavour from herbs and stuff as well so super delish. The hash browns and chips were cooked pretty perfectly, sometimes hash browns aren't cooked enough and are soggy which makes me sad. These were super crunchy (but not too much) so they made me happy.

The eggs (I only ate one actually) were the best I have had so far in London. I hate over poached eggs because then what is the point, you may as well boil them. But I also hate under poached eggs because then you get the creepy uncooked white which makes me feel sick when I look at it. This egg had neither of those problems so I enjoyed it a lot. I don't usually eat white bread (unless I am having a chip buttie) but with everything else it was actually just right.

We both only ended up being able to eat half our breakfasts. I tried hard to eat more since I hate to waste food but I failed. Too full! It was a great meal though. Oh and I forgot to mention that you can get bottomless filter coffee with your breakfast which basically rules. It was good coffee too. And the service was good. Overall I would give them a 4. Everything was cooked well and delicious, but it was really noisy and the tables were super close together. I would go back there for sure but just share a breakfast!

It looked like they did a huge range of things to take away, including choose your own sandwiches with delicious looking ingredients so that would be an option as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment